which secuirty programs should i get???

Status
Not open for further replies.
go with kaspersky personal edition dont get pro it had problems not sure if thier fixed yet.

Sadly you cant have more than 1 anti virus program without some sort of conflict, but so far kaspersky has found more trojans and viruses than any program iv currently used. Also has real time protection.

And for best firewall zonealarm basic version is decent wouldnt recommend the pro version. Outpost is also good but Iv had no trouble with zonealarm at all.

(Sorry to criticize)
" well which is better nod32 or kaspersky, plz tell me which one should i get"
" thats were im stuk, i dont know which one 2 get NOD32 or kaspersky"

Why didn't you just make the title "NOD32 or Kaspersky" instead of having everyone give their opinions and then not even listen to them?

Secondly, and again, sorry for my criticizm(sp, and constructive), but
"And for best firewall zonealarm basic version is decent wouldnt recommend the pro version."

You should give a reason as to why you 'wouldnt recommend the pro version,' such as it's just a waste of money for what little extra you get.

Just thought I'd try to help people use their brains a bit more and (try!!!) to make this a little more intelligent place to stay (being as that's why I left in the first place!)

-rant over-

-Steve

:p zonealarm pro has caused me trouble in the past with pop up messages that wont go even when I choose allow. You also have to pay for it, and free firewall is just as good in my opinion.

happy now! im off to cry in a corner.

When you have these "messages that wont go away even when I choose allow," do you select to have the same action happen on each of the same instances?

-Steve

yes I did, think it was probably some sort of software conflict it only ever happened with windows media player and winamp I think. Im fine with zonealarm basic though and I have a router firewall so im not worried :)

DO NOT GET NORTON! my parents put it on their computer and on installation it f***ed up the computer. Once installed (i advised my parents to stay with mcafee since it was workin fine and didnt cause ne problems) but once installed major slow down, didnt detect anything like mcafee did, didnt allow me to run the new AIM, MSN and some other programs (updatin sonic stage didnt work either, freeze NetMD simple burner) just locked up the computer. i've always used mcafee but lookin for better now.

I would go with
OutPost Pro (Education Version)
Kaspersky AntiVirus

I have both on my labtop they are two great programs and they work well together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom