Say no to Drugs Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I received an email today from a reader who told me of a problem that he encountered lately on his computer. The message Say no to drugs appeared whenever he clicked on a shortcut to the My Documents folder. This sounded clearly like a virus and a quick search revealed that it indeed was the I Love Her virus.
The problem with the Say no to drugs virus is that most virus scanner still do not detect it. Extensive information about this virus is available on the Precise Security website. If you suspect that your computer is infected with this virus you need to download the (free) Ewido Micro Scanner and perform a scan of your system. Remove the entries found and remove the entries of the virus as an autostart entry (autoruns comes in handy) and kill the tasks associated with the virus as well.
I was not able to find out if other products like Spyware Terminator or the various anti-virus applications like Antivir would be able to find and remove the Say no to Drugs virus. I was not infected with it but I guess they should be able to if you consider the fact that the removal procedure at the Precise Security website was posted in January.

Say no to Drugs Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom