Ruxoup.dll

Ghostsong

Tactical Espionage Poster
My antivirus is quarantining this as a backdoor trojan. I tried to Google it to make sure it wasn't a false positive before deleting it, but nothing comes back. Anyone know anything about it?

The quarantine should list the folder that it was saved in - or does your AV not show that?

It's just in the root of locallow? That's..odd. I'd def say that's not normal.

I suggest running a scan with MBAM and AdwCleaner.

It's just in the root of locallow? That's..odd. I'd def say that's not normal.

I suggest running a scan with MBAM and AdwCleaner.
What's that folder for? I'll admit I was running for about a month there with no av software but I'd only cut the computer on to do what I needed and then cut it off. Haven't downloaded anything and I disabled Java ages ago so I'm not sure how I even picked this up.

LocalLow and Local are machine-wide AppData folders. Roaming is more for user-specific data.

LocalLow and Local are machine-wide AppData folders. Roaming is more for user-specific data.
I'll run those extra scans later when I get home. After the quarantine my computer wouldn't boot and I had to have it fix itself by restoring to an earlier point is why I was asking if maybe if was a false positive. It seems the avs has the file reported less than 10 times. Would a DLL file be able to unload a virus payload without being opened with an application?

I'll run those extra scans later when I get home. After the quarantine my computer wouldn't boot and I had to have it fix itself by restoring to an earlier point is why I was asking if maybe if was a false positive. It seems the avs has the file reported less than 10 times. Would a DLL file be able to unload a virus payload without being opened with an application?

What AV are you running?

That all depends on how the DLL is being used; could have been made to hook into an existing Windows service or another application and execute the functions in the unknown DLL if it is indeed malware.

Back
Top Bottom