Root Kit from a TXT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
i got hit with a root kit that unleashed a virus that infected 5000+ files. and i would have never known about the virus because the rootkit would have hid it but they put something in there that denied me access to task manager and once i saw that i found everything else.

but my question is this was done from opening up a note pad file with a txt extension. so how could this launch this virus since its not a executable?

How do i know it was a txt file, cuz i downloaded it, it was the only thing i downloaded, it when i opened it my computer locked up so i went to go into task manager and said access denied. that happend because a registry key was written, along with about 400 other reg keys which i later found. but how from executing a plain text file.

i deleted this file so fast it wasnt even funny. the bad part is i got it from a torrent that like 200 people were seeding so either they dont know yet or they are purposely trying to spread it.

about 55-60k... which is big for a file that is supposed to have a ::cough::serial number::cough:: but they always add in those stupid tags of theres in there. when it opened it just stayed blank and never said not responeding so that left me with more questions then answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom