ripxr file format

fruithead

Beta member
hi i downloaded a compressed that uses the following format ".ripxr"

to extract the archive you need to download the ripxr tool apparently.

i think this is not a real file format and is intended to be some sort of scam, i cant find info ANYWHERE on the net about this, and they ask for money to extract anything!

i have a feeling that there is no ripxr format, and they are somehow re-tooling files to require their software. i cheked with multiple virus scanners, the utility is virus-free. and creating archives is free, but extracting them costs money (even 10 seconds after you create them!) if someone could download this program, create a file, and tell me what it really is, i would be very grateful indeed.

thanks all!

I have never heard of the .ripxr extension and the fact that it is not supported by programs such as 7-zip or WinRAR makes me question its legitimacy. I would delete this file completely unless this file is really important, in which I highly doubt.

Sorry but why would anyone purposefully download and do all of that if they had to pay money to get their own files back? You explained it well enough for me to sit here and tell you it is a scam. Why would anyone use a file extension that requires only 1 program to extract it and have to pay to do so? Sorry but that is just garbage when you can get other things for free.

Back
Top Bottom