Removing NewDotNet/Other Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory-O

Solid State Member
Hi There,

I'm new to these forums, and I have a quick question about removing spyware.

For a while now, the message Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL has popped up every time I start my computer. I did my research and found out that this was some sort of spyware. So I downloaded a program called Spybot, and ran a spyware scan. Lo and behold, it found NewDotNet, and gave me the option of removing it. I'm a little worried that this might mess things up, because I have heard from other people that deleting it can sometimes cause your internet to stop working... Would it be safe for me to get rid of this?

Also, the following things also appeared during the scan, that I was also hesitiant about removing...

Microsoft.Windows.AppFirewallBypass
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride
Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify

Would it be safe for me to remove these as well????

Thanks in advance for your help. I apologize if I didn't use the correct terms and such! lol

THANKS!

-Cory

yep, what that does, its not a spyware, but just a thing showing that the Windows Firewall is off, removing that item will re-enable Windows Firewall and Windows Security Center, but those are crap anyways, Comodo Firewall is way better

also have you gotten rid of the other stuff? if you haven't take a look at this sticky: http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-161792/

Okay, thanks.

So you are saying that it's completly safe for me to remove the Windows Firewall things? What about NewDotNet, is it the same?

Thanks!

Sorry, I took a look at those Hijackthis logs, it made me very confused.

So how do I completly get rid of "the crapware?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom