Reformatting, will I be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Im reformating and putting these programs on will I be safe from virus/spyware/etc

Nod32 - Antivirus
Zone Alarm - Firewall + AntiSpyware
Ad-Aware Pro - Scanner

i personally have Ad-Aware and it does wonders for me but i donno about the other 2, i heard nod32 was good but i use avg free anti-virus, i havent had any viruses for months.

That is a great setup, couldn't get a better PC.

However, change Zone Alarm to Windows Firewall, and use Spybot for anti-spyware.

What do you mean. Dont use Zonealarm and only use windows firewall?

Oh Spybot doent work on my pc along with firefox

Spybot should not have any compatability issues with firefox but if it does I recommend you use Opera. Look in my sig for a link.
Even though talldude123 recommends windows firewall and thinks firewalls are a waste of memory, I still think firewalls are essential. I use Sygate personal firewall.

Btw Nod32 is great. I use it too.

I do use Opera. Im not saying they have problems together, those are just two programs that never seem to run good on my PC no matter what. Nothing to do with each other

Do you connect to the internet via a router? If yes there is no point using a software firewall.

(Software firewalls actually make it harder for the hacker to get out of your system. The only real advantage is they block ports - which a router does by default.)

ya I have a linksys router... so I should only have a Anti-virus and Anti-spyware?? NO firewall???

on my ZL it sais for firewall

blocked 33096 access attemps

I'm not 100% ontop of software, but Talldude will back me up/correct me on this. Sometimes websites cause the firewall to think that it is a threat for some reason or another. May also ports being accessed externally that the router blocks but the request may be transfered to the PC anyway causing the firewall to also try to block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom