redirects? pop-ups? cant install programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the redirects that this virus or whatever is giving me, it wont let me go to that website or anything

Easiest fix to that is to get it from another computer if you have one available and a thumb drive or other removable media.

Edit: If you don't have access to another computer, say so and there are other steps we can try.

do i install it on my thum drive?, like redirect the folder to the thumb drive to install in, and then run it on the infected computer?

it's important that you read the instructions. You would put the exe on your thumb drive then copy it to your desktop and run it from there. Do not run it from anywhere other than your desktop.

Edit: just to be clear, by desktop, I do not mean your tower, but the windows desktop where your wallpaper and icons are.

I read the tutorial, and disabled all antispyware, antivirus, etc procgrams and i click on the icon, and still nothing comes up on my screen.

i copied the exe over via thumb drive, placed it on the computers desktop and double clicked, yet nothing happens..

i went to taks manager and yet it says "combofix.exe"

any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom