Red Pill VM Detection developer?

bird42

Beta member
Wasn't sure where to post this... I figured this was the closet topic :neutral:
I'm doing some research and I'm trying to figure out who developed Red Pill... I'm finding lots of articles about RP itself, but nothing on the developer... any ideas/help/answers??
Thanks!!

Yeah sorry but you wont find such information on a website such as this. You will have to go find a nice shady underground website and maybe you will find what your looking for there. Any legit site like ours which tries to defend against such programs isnt going to take the time to find out such information. We are just going to find out how to defend against it.

KSoD -- I'm not sure if you were offended by my question or not... I hope you weren't... I doing research for a security and defense class in a "you have to understand the bad stuff before you can prevent it" kind of way. Just thought I would put that out there.

cOrrOsive -- Thanks for your help :)

I am not offended at all. I am merely stating that you dont have to understand the bad stuff before you can prevent it. I dont know how every virus, adware, spyware and other malware work, but i can certainly defend against them. This is no different. You dont have to know how it works in order to defend yourself against it. By the time you figure out how it works, it will have already affected you and your system and done its damage. It is just time wasted to try and figure out why someone would want to create spyware.

I agree with you and there is definitely a point to be made about what you're saying. For the more low key and common hacker problems it is more than possible to defend without knowing in-depth what the hacker was thinking. This, of course, can even apply to the more high-end stuff. It is not always necessary or resourceful to spend time studying the hacker. But to blatantly feel that understanding the bad stuff is not important or useful is ignoring a world of information that could be used to the "good side's" advantage!! Every hacker and hacker technique is different and you may be able to generically block most of it, but there is ALWAYS going to be a hacker with a new idea that you never thought of; and one of the best ways to safeguard this is to think and understand that hacker's thought processes, what information they may be going after, what they are going to do to get it and the tools they are going to use to do it. It would be nearly impossible to block many hacks without understanding what the tools they use are capable of -- and to understand these tools you have to USE them and LEARN them and research deep into them to be able to fully understand what a hacker is capapble of. Understanding the mind of the hacker and the "bad stuff" they use and do helps so much in creating safe networks and software for mission critical applications and devices, devices that maintain human life or affect it in some way, companys that keep our money safe for us and so on. A good security analyst and manager is ALWAYS going to make an attempt to utilize as much knowledge as possible and that includes understanding the "bad stuff." :)

Back
Top Bottom