Rate My internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Runner

Baseband Member
I use Avast 4.7 Home Edition as my main AV scanner with resident protection on. I also have Nod32 2.7 (Free version) as my backup scanner with all of the monitors on (yes I've heard about conflict problems with 2 AV's running, but I haven't experienced any at all, actually it runs faster than when I had McAfee AV all by itself).

I also have Spyware Guard running with all of its options on along with Windows Defender. I also have AdAware and SB Search and Destroy which I run once a week. As my firewall, I still have McAfee (comes free from my ISP) because it hasn't been giving me too many problems but don't know if I should switch ZoneAlarm or the other free firewalls because I've heard they use less resources. I will get a hardware firewall later on (ie. router) when I need it to hook up my PS3.

...So yeah, tell me what you think. Of course criticism is welcome.

when you install it, set it to learning mode. when you open a program it will give you all spec's for that process. what i usually do is, rite after i install a firewall i run through all the programs and grant them access...for the most part if your opening a program immediatly it will pop up with an alert...of course allow it. if your just browsing around and it pops up asking if blabla.exe can access the internet, then say deny. Hope that help u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom