Random Popups!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianm8000

Baseband Member
Hi there, every other time basically when i open up firefox or internet explorer i get webpages and add's that pop up with it. I also got this:

Windows Internet Explorer
Notice your computer has tracks of adult etc...

I get Random pop ups about cleaning my registry and installing "DriveCleaner"

any help??

thanks

I have the exact same thing happening to me. Random pop ups about Drivecleaner. Also my internet explorer has a new toolbar called 'protection toolbar' that i can't get rid of and has nothing to do with my default anti-virus "norton 2007". Also the notification are in the bottom right hand corner has a couple of things in there that regularly tell me i have an infection but norton ain't picking it up. any way to get rid of this stuff??

The most common recommendation around these parts is to go through Warez's Syyware Removal Guide available here.

That is almost guaranteed to work, although personally I think downloading 13 programs might be slight overkill.

For example, here's some specific information on the "Drive Cleaner" infection you are suffering:
http://virusinfo.prevx.com/viruscenter.asp?returnpage=default&GRP=4871600019

I would recommend downloading the Free Trial of Prevx1 and use that to clean-up your PC instead. It is a pay-for program, but offers a fully functional free trial which will remove this (and any other) malware free of charge during this period. If you don't wish to keep it after clean-up then you can simply uninstall it.

I use only three programs, and they keep my computer running clean. They are:

AVG FREE
Ad-Aware
SpyBot Search and Destroy

CCleaner is also a useful tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom