R.A.Ts (Remote Access Trojans)

blackoutuk

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

Can any of you give me some more information on these. How would one know if somebody was controlling your PC from a different place? and are there any tell-tale signs to tell you that you have one on your hands?

Any help would be great.
Cheers.

Well running various scans would be the best way to tell if there's an infection on your system.

Watching your network traffic at idle, or running a netstat via Command Prompt would show you your network traffic as well.

If u see the cursor moving on its own :p

Remote access doesn't always necessarily mean GUI control ;). You can remote into a system and use command line for all of your operations, which is what all the payloads from malware would be doing.

Remote access doesn't always necessarily mean GUI control ;). You can remote into a system and use command line for all of your operations, which is what all the payloads from malware would be doing.

Very true, most of the RATs I try are command line (educational purposes).. Never need to touch or see the GUI..

Open connections to your computer is a tell tell sign when you shouldn't have any open.. also running scans can normally pick them up.. you would also notice if certain folders had been modified recently and you haven't touched them.. and you can check if the firewall has been modified.

Oh dear, I could be infected. especially since I have often ranted about the Government. Yeah mabie I'm paranoid but then again. I have some tell tale sign's thinking about it. Yeah cursor moving on it own. Slow system despite sitting idle and random HDD access what I can tell threw the LED light.

Oh dear, I could be infected. especially since I have often ranted about the Government. Yeah mabie I'm paranoid but then again. I have some tell tale sign's thinking about it. Yeah cursor moving on it own. Slow system despite sitting idle and random HDD access what I can tell threw the LED light.

OS's do work in the background, you know that right? lol

Cursor moving on its own...you sure you're actually witnessing it move on it's own or just imagining things lol.

If you think it's the gov..then you should re-adjust your tinfoil hat. Gov's wouldn't need to put a trojan on your system. They'd just intercept the traffic on the other end, not from your system.

OS's do work in the background, you know that right? lol

Cursor moving on its own...you sure you're actually witnessing it move on it's own or just imagining things lol.

If you think it's the gov..then you should re-adjust your tinfoil hat. Gov's wouldn't need to put a trojan on your system. They'd just intercept the traffic on the other end, not from your system.

LOOOL tinfoil hat,

Remember though, if the mouse is positioned uneven, say a small bit of crums is on the desk then the laser would not be flush with the clean surface and start to move..

Or the mouse could be faulty..

I get this at times when I dont clean my desk :cool:

LOOOL tinfoil hat,

Remember though, if the mouse is positioned uneven, say a small bit of crums is on the desk then the laser would not be flush with the clean surface and start to move..

Or the mouse could be faulty..

I get this at times when I dont clean my desk :cool:

Being honest I think its the Mouse that's faulty. Its randomly jumping from one part of the screen to another and I'm forever over the last few weeks having to make sure what I click on.

Back
Top Bottom