Quick Scan Vs Full Scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
When I perform a scan on my PC I always choose the full scan, but is it necesary to do this? I no that the quick scan just checks the places where viruses will be present or are most likely to be persent and the full scan just checks every file on the PC. Is it possible to have viruses present in parts of the PC that the quick scan wont detect or will the quick scan keep your PC Virus free altough you could still have a file saved on your HDD that is a virus/trojan etc. but hasn't been activated by booting it up for eg? I was thinking that maybe the full scan only scans for these files that may be lurking on the PC waiting to be booted up by the user but if this is the case then the AV would detect it then wouldn't it or when you performed a quick scan it would then be detected? Am I waisting my time performing a full system scan, and are they necessary or will I be perfectly okay if I never use a full system scan again?

I hope all you enlightened people can help me with this puzzle.

Regards and Happy New Year to you all!

Not sure, you will need to ask the maker of the program. Some have it labeled as to what they do and dont do, etc. I went to the Malwarebytes site and found out about MBAM that it doesnt really matter using Full vs Quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom