Quick question about system protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
I recently had a nasty bug infect by home network. I had to reformat the computers to resolve the issue. With my laptop, there was a system recovery, so I didn't do a complete wipe and reformat. My concern is that when I run virus and spyware programs, it shows this trojan horse (the one I believe, destroyed my system) in my C:backup folder. Now I know the problem is there, and when I run virus programs it just quarentines the problem. I am just wondering on what I should do to make sure this bug doesn't become ative again.

It has also infected a third computer in my house, so I am thinking that it has to be some of the websites my stepdaughter is visiting. If you guys can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

What version of IE or what browser have you been using? One method for manual removal of anything quaranteened by software is to boot the system up in the safe mode where no programs are active if you know the exact location of the file. You then manually delete it.

If your are still using IE 6 dump it for IE 7. The new version sees a higher default security level plus an antiphising filter. That can cut out a ton of garbage sites loaded with adwares, trojans, and other spywares with it's filters. The alternative would disabling IE altogether and running FireFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom