problems because of XPCOM: Eventreceiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UN)2EAL

Beta member
It all began the other night when my system seized up and forced me to restart. When the computer had booted back up I quickly relized that i was unable to view any websites in either Firefox or IE. Then how am i posting this you may ask? I'm using an in-program browser service in Gamespy Arcade that still functions. I have been running norton, ad-aware and S&D all day to no avail. If i attempt to restore my system, it fails. After doing some research i think i can possibly attribute this to the XPCOM: Eventreceiver virus that i know is on my system because it says that it can not be ended when shutting down. Below i have provided a screenshot of what my firefox browser looks like when i launch it:

this screen does not change at all no matter how much time is spent waiting. The same is true for my IE browser except with IE it displays the message that it must close.

if a HJT log is requested i will provide it.

I've addressed your log in the HJT section. Your lucky this PC even powers on...let alone open a browser window. Your SEVERLY infected. I would consider backing up what you can and reinstall (Be quicker then cleaning it out)...but if that's not an option..follow my directions in the HJT forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom