Problems with Avast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromos1048

Baseband Member
I recently just switched to this and I cannot get it to work properly. I get the icon in the bottom with a red circle and slash, when I click on it says: "The AAVM subsystem has detected a RPC error". Also, I can't get resident protection to turn on, and the VRDB won't complete. I'm not sure its doing anything, actually, the icon is never "animated", even though I have it set to generate when my comp is idle(I also tried the "generate now" function- nothing).

Could this be a conflict with Spybot? I don't have any other anti-viruses installed, no firewalls of any sort. All drivers/ windows are up to date.

Any idea whats the deal is?

Also, I have not yet registered it. I want to see if I like it before I buy. I hope that's not the issue, I will feel retarded if it is...

You could uninstall/reinstall the program. Maybe it did not install correctly? Also I use Avast and Spybot and there are no conflicts.

Same here Avast / Spybot no problems.

From the AVAST forums :

Re:The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error!
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 12:19:44 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there.. I was having the same problem here and after much frustration, I found this and it solved the problem!! (for me at least)

CAUSE
This issue occurs when one or both of the following conditions are true:
There is a file named Program in your SystemDrive folder.
There is a file named Common, SharePoint, or SharePoint Portal in your ProgramFiles folder.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, rename, move, or delete the respective files from the SystemDrive folder or the ProgramFiles folder

the described your exact same problem.

According to the above post...

You can move it anywhere as long as its out of the program files folder or windows folder.

You may want to move it to your desktop to see if it works. If it does just delete it.

So... the Common Files folder- a folder that everyone has... is the problem?

I'll try moving it, but I really don't see how that will help...

It could help because Avast could be trying to use that folder name itself but is denied the right cause the folder already exists.

So if I move that folder, nothing will change? All my settings and programs won't change? I can't really move it- juts copy- do I delete the original?

It says to delete it in the Resolution. So if you cant move it just delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom