PPP session error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink2725

Solid State Member
I have DSL with verizon/Msn. The other week I could'nt log in, after calling verizon there was a message saying there aware of the problem, later that night I could go on the web.

This week I keep getting booted off the internet. I keep getting not connected to the internet. If I'm connected with the verizon or the MSN part. The messenger keeps shutting itself on and off. The modem lights, there are three, power, dsl, ethernet. I notice the DSL light is flickering. I got an error your PPP session has been disconnected. I called verizon they said its a issue with there area. After it still wasnt fixed I called again. They reset my modem after they had me go to there web site it said not working. The modem is an Westell model 2200. I have windows xp. This ran fine when I got this about two months ago. Now there sending me a new modem. Is there anything else I should be looking at before I get this modem? For example a setting on my computer? I had a Trogen and did change some settings (verizon is aware of it) for security. I have no firewall running with my computer. I was just wondering if I should check anything else. I'm so upset at this.

Thanks
Tink

I've had similar problems with my sharkfin modem for cable. For about 2 weeks, I had intermittent internet access. The cable company said it was a problem on their end (solar flare stuff). Anyway, after they said it was fixed, I had some more issues.

I've ran Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D and found a good bit of spyware and malware. After getting rid of that junk, my browser did not act up (until I got more of the junk). I regularly run these, and some other, to find and get rid of spyware (along with Norton for virii).

If you have these, run them and see what they can find. I also recommend HijackThis! and Spyware Blaster.

Dave :D

spy whare

Yes I also use Ad-aware and purchased the full version. I'm finding nothing on my end. I check everyday. Any other ideas? I'm about to pull my hair out. LOL

I'd suggest calling them back and making sure that they know you're periodically losing your service. I did that and my ISP gave me almost 3 weeks credit on my next bill. And it might well be your modem. How long before you get the new one?

In my case, after removing the spyware and malware, I had a few problems that looked like it was going to start again. I called the technician and they tested my connection. They said it was in the low range (I'm not sure if he just pinged me from his end or what). I can't remember what they called it, but they changed a piece of equipment outside on the pole. It's something like a splitter that branches the main cable down to a smaller cable for a section of houses. Since that time, I haven't had but a few problems which seems to be storm/weather related.

BTW, my hunni reminded me that they had done that, too.

Dave :D

I should get the modem on Tuesday. They did suggest if that didnt work they may need to having someone come to check the pole outside my home. I have tried to dissconntect all other phones in my home it didnt work.
Thanks

Modem

I have the new DSL modem Installed and it's working so far. I've been online all afternoon. I had to reset my Emailbox settings, but now I'm recieving my mail. Just wanted to update you.

It seems so. I just hope thats it for the problems. I have DSL for two months and nothing but problems. MSN removes a lot of things that I would like them NOT to in the mail. They can't seem to answer how I can change the settings for them to stop that. I receive Tubes in Email, for Paint Shop Pro, they remove them.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom