possible virus-bad image etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marissana

Beta member
so been trying to fix my fathers computer he downloaded the personnal av virus not realizing it thought it was a real warning.. had it on our other computer got it off fairly easy.. now his computer.. grr

while trying to remove it from his computer using windows defender, webroot, verizon pc scans, norton etc not working. talked to the webroot tech he told me to download something from his website when I tried to go to the website.. bamn bad image boxes keep popping up and now nothing I do will let me connect to the internet on that computer. It won't even let me run any program I have to try to remove it every time I run something the bad image pops up until I cancel out the programs.

any suggestions? and FYI I know very little about computers and yes tried restore but sorry to say my father never put a starting point on his computer so that wouldn't work.

thanks for any help or suggestions

please remember I can not get to the internet even in safe mode

Hi

I have removed this a few times from customers computers.

I used malwarebytes to remove it, you can download it from here:
Download The Best Software - Free Step By Step Guides
or here:
Malwarebytes.org

just put the .exe file onto a usb or cd and install it onto the infected computer.

(I would also reccomend running a program called combofix through as this is a great removal tool - it can also be found on the e-computing link above)

As for the bad image bit - you could try a repair install if you have the installation CD - Im guessing it Windows XP your on? if so just pop in the cd and boot from it, then hit enter at the first screen and R at the second.. it should then replace any bad system files, please note you will have to provide your license key for windows so make sure you have it.

Let me know how you get on!

Daniel

Did you try Osiris's guide?

Post the HijackThis! log and Osiris will own the virus from there :)

Hello, i seem to have the same problem as marissana, except it wont even let me open malwarebytes after i put it on :O I dont know what to do anymore, because i have had this for a couple of weeks, can someone please help? Also, what is the HijackThis! log? Im just wondering cuz im a noob at when it comes to viruses :p

Thank you,
JubCity94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom