Possible Spyware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpecial

Baseband Member
For some time now, I have been noticing a decline in the speed of my pc. I have been using three anti-virus programs, and two anti-spyware/adware programs. Neither of the anti-virus programs detect anything harmful. I decided to use the Panda ActiveScan. After I got the report, I noticed that it said I have spyware on my computer. I checked out the file before deleting it, and it appears awfully odd to me. I tryed google-ing the file name, and the folder name, but no results came up. It all looks suspicious to me, but I wanted to ask you guys about it, in case anyone of you have heard about it, or know whether or not I need to keep the file. I scanned the folder with all three of my anti-virus programs, yet no malware detection from them.

The file is named 66892967.exe, and lies in the wmhlf3qp folder, along with only a few other files. The icon on the infected file looks like a barcode. I just need to know whether or not any of my programs would need it, or if I should just delete the whole folder.

Please visit this website - http://virusscan.jotti.org/
Submit these file(s) for a comprehensive scan & then post the results back here

66892967.exe

It's likely a trojan of some sort. You should also post a hijackthis log in the HJT forum for review.

I would start by removing most of that stuff from your PC. Thats partially why it is slow. I use MS spyware beta and Firefox. Every once in a while I go to www.Pc-cillin.com and do a house call which cleans viruese and spyware for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom