Pop-ups in mozilla firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordant

Solid State Member
hello. im getting these really annoying pop ups in mozilla, and i know they arent from the net because they are the same ones every time. i ran ad aware and another antivirus program called antivir personal. they still pop up all the time and are very annoying. please help me. thanks to anyone who helps me, its muchly appreciated.

thanks,
Jordan

Ad aware may not detect whatever spyware you may have, I suggest you run other freeware spyware detector. Do a google for "Free spyware program" download these freeware and do a good scan. Get at least 2 or 3.

I have 3 spyware program on my system, ad-ware, spybot and spysweeper. They are all great, but each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Some detect certain thing while some won't. Sometime the company don't release detection signature out early enough.

If you know what is on your system, post it here or do a google search for information on how to manually remove it. It's good to know what it is so you could completely get rid of it.

maybe dont you have popup blocking enabled in firefox , goto tools-->options get into the "content" tab and see if the first box is ticked if not then tick it and click ok , also maybe your talking on messenger service popups like this one?
spamex2.gif

if you are then goto start-->run-->service.msc locate "messenger" and double click it and click "stop" and set "startup type" to "disabled" and click ok

jeremy said:
maybe dont you have popup blocking enabled in firefox , goto tools-->options get into the "content" tab and see if the first box is ticked if not then tick it and click ok , also maybe your talking on messenger service popups like this one?
spamex2.gif

if you are then goto start-->run-->service.msc locate "messenger" and double click it and click "stop" and set "startup type" to "disabled" and click ok

my popup blocker is on, ive checked that.
and those are the type of popups i get.
i ran service.msc and nothing came up.
could you go a little more in depth on what to do, im sorta computer dumb

thanks,
Jordan

Law said:
Ad aware may not detect whatever spyware you may have, I suggest you run other freeware spyware detector. Do a google for "Free spyware program" download these freeware and do a good scan. Get at least 2 or 3.

I have 3 spyware program on my system, ad-ware, spybot and spysweeper. They are all great, but each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Some detect certain thing while some won't. Sometime the company don't release detection signature out early enough.

If you know what is on your system, post it here or do a google search for information on how to manually remove it. It's good to know what it is so you could completely get rid of it.

thanks, im downloading spybot and spysweeper right now. if it works ill tell you
thanks alot,
Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom