Pop-up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
I've got a PC where as soon as I boot it up pop-ups start flying up all over the place. Can you suggest some good ways to troubleshoot this? Ad-aware, spybot, up-to-date virus scan, etc...

ok ..i had a similar problem a while ago and when you have antispyware installed run a scan and see what it finds..if you have found spyware obviously dlete the items or fix them but if they keep reaccuring google the alias of the spyware and or adware and see what you can find on manual removal...a majority of this problem comes from "LOP.com" think it stands fro Live Online Portal and basicaly its a real ***** if u have the "lop.com toolbar" appearing on Intyernet Explorer but anyways...so if u have found the name of your spy/ad ware then try searching on the symantec website which can give detailed step by step removal intructions fr most problems

http://www.symantec.com/index.htm

LOP.com has many different names from search add ons to gatter.com etc... the easiest way to rif of these i have found is by actually goin on to lop.com and navigating to the help seciton then uninstall and download the exe and then run it

then think about getting a pop up blocker or use firefox

snypercore said:
ok ..i had a similar problem a while ago and when you have antispyware installed run a scan and see what it finds..if you have found spyware obviously dlete the items or fix them but if they keep reaccuring google the alias of the spyware and or adware and see what you can find on manual removal...a majority of this problem comes from "LOP.com" think it stands fro Live Online Portal and basicaly its a real ***** if u have the "lop.com toolbar" appearing on Intyernet Explorer but anyways...so if u have found the name of your spy/ad ware then try searching on the symantec website which can give detailed step by step removal intructions fr most problems

http://www.symantec.com/index.htm

LOP.com has many different names from search add ons to gatter.com etc... the easiest way to rif of these i have found is by actually goin on to lop.com and navigating to the help seciton then uninstall and download the exe and then run it

then think about getting a pop up blocker or use firefox

Thanks. What is firefox, I hear it mentioned all the time, but am not familiar w/ it?

i didnt say it deffinatly %100 LOP but lop is the most common and he said he gets pop ups as soon as he turns he pc on and he has adaware and spybot both of which sometimes still casnt get rid of lop but they can get rid of most other problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom