Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Help.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunlord_clave

Beta member
I am 100% sure this is a virus. Recently, I was surfing the net and dialog box popped up saying "This software has not been recognized. If you think this is from a trusted source, click YES" or something like that. The page from where it came from was something like "Update XP security" or something like that. I am sure I clicked NO because I was suspicious of it. But the next second, my firewall showed me that a file called 'netinfo.exe' was sending and recieving data from an unknown website.

I heard somewhere that when something like this happens, disconnect your internet and the wire from the jack, which I did. I tried to do an AVG scan but all of a sudden my computer was very slow. So I tried restarting it and it was slow as hell and to make things worse, the internet is not working. Also, I'm not able to end the 'netinfo.exe' file.

Can anyone please help me on what to do? I am posting this from a cyber cafe by the way.

I think that this is a trojan.
Update your virus definition file then go in to the registry and delete windows33 from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

restart your computer then run a full scan.

Ok. Incidentally, I'm posting this from a cyber cafe which is quite far from my house, so could you tell me any more tips so that I don't have to come back if it doesn't work?

I couldn't find netinfo.exe in any of the system folders. I think it's hidden. Are you sure it's safe to un-hide it and delete it?

In the future just make sure you have spyware software (adware, spybot) and a good antivirus software. Keep the definition files updated regularly, you should be fine!

If its not there and you have done all of the above then it should no longer be on your system.
I do not know if it is hidden or not.
and yes it is safe to delete the file if there, it is possible you might have to end the process before deleting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom