Please help me with Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

gargancorp

Beta member
My Norton Antivirus 2004 is outdated and being a trial version, I have to buy the real thing. I understood this and don't want to bother with it but I can't shut off the redundant messages that continue to bug me telling me that my "Virus Protection is out of date," "Open your Norton product to resolve these issues.

Then I have to click the ok button. This message appears over and over annoying me. I went into Norton and tried to disable the Security Alert which the messages are called but to no avail I haven't found any way to rid of it. Out of desperation I tried uninstalling Norton but I couldn't do that either. Because for some reason when I try to Remove All on the control panel--> Add or Remove Programs my comp just freezes up. It happens everytime.

Can somebody please help me? It has been aggravating for months.

Try going into safe mode ( press F8 key as comp boots up )

once loaded into safe mode, try uninstalling norton there ( through the add/remove programs )

hehe sorry i should have mentioned that too.. i was being a little lazy :) yeah, you really need protection, these days having no AV program, is like having unprotected sex with a dirty prostitute :D

Whaat? I held F8 and nothing happened on boot up. Thanks for the downloads and the help though, this AVG seems better in the sense that it actually updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom