Please help

Therookie

Baseband Member
I left my laptop on all night and when I went to use it this morning, I noticed I didn't have internet. When I opened up Firefox, I use Google as my home page. However I decided to go to MSN and it looked strange. It kept defaulting to Google no matter What page I went to. And the page keeps blinking. So I probably have malware.

This is my only laptop. Can someone please help. Thanks

So have you done the basics like restarted the PC?

Leaving the PC on all night means absolutely NOTHING. I leave my PC on 24/7/365. That does not mean I am infected cause of it. You only get infected when YOU do something to allow the infection to download and access your machine.

Leaving it on does not do that.

Of course I have rebooted my pc many times and still same issue. When I open the browser and type something it's like it has a mind of it's own and types something else or keeps going back to google.com like I have mentioned in my previous post.

I have even booted in safe mode and still same issue.

So it is just happening with a browser? You have tried various browsers and it happened with all of them?

Well it isn't an infection. Cause if it was malicious, it wouldn't take you to Google.com. It would take you to some junk site full of pr0n and other content you don't want to see.

Could it just be that since it is Easter Sunday and people are home, that it is taking longer to get to websites? I mean after all, you have been able to post here. So it cant be a complete take over if your able to reply to the topic...

I am posting on the Tech forum APP. Also, am using a friend's computer to post as well.

I does this on all other browsers...firefox, IE, chrome. I know what I am talking about....it doesn't matter "what" website. When I type, it like it has a mind of its own and doesn't want to go to the website I want. I have seen this sympton before. And it was either a virus or malware.

Therookie,

If you are interested in doing a short scan to see if anything out of the ordinary is identified, you can try the following...

Please download RogueKiller:
Tlcharger RogueKiller (Site Officiel)

When you get to the website, go to where it says:
(Download link) Lien de téléchargement:

Select the version that applies to your system:32-bit or 64-bit (See note)
Click the dark-blue button that applies.
Save to the Desktop

Close all windows and browsers

Right-click RogueKiller and select: Run as Administrator

Press: SCAN

When done, a report opens on the Desktop: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply, and I'll be glad to look at it.
(Please do not delete anything!)

Note:
To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, do the following:
  1. Open System by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
  2. Under System, you can view the system type.

I doubt it has anything to do with leaving the laptop on all night. i always do that cos i cant be bothered to switch it on when i need to use it cos it takes AAAGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS to switch on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah. maybe it's a virus?? have you scanned for malware with your anti-virus software??

Back
Top Bottom