PC Security,

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Well after reading artical I've changed my Passwords, only wish I knew how to unlink my account from Yahoo and Facebook.

Hackers reveal 10 PC security mistakes we ALL make - Yahoo! News UK

Also their was no section on PC or Tech Security so mabie thats something for the Mods or Admins to think about.

:AwMan:

Hence in the Malwere section.

If anyone wants to add to this thread of how to fully Protect your PC, Mac, Or Tech feel free, because that artical has opend my eyes in way of password security and facebook Vunrability. Closed my account the other day, or should I say "Deactivated" but reguardless. :eek:

Okay so that is the same stuff that they have been saying since I started using a PC and the internet back in the early 90's. Nothing has changed, nothing. Yet people still do it and still get hacked.

There is no demand or need for a PC Security section cause we dont cover common sense. If you dont have it, we cant help you get it. It is as simple as that. I knew this information back when I was in my teens well over 20 years ago.

As far as Facebook goes, uh DUH! Dont trust people you dont know. Lets see what was that saying that has been around since the turn of the 1900's....oh yeah "don't talk to strangers". Cant imagine why that saying would have been around for so long and what it could possibly mean..... How much common sense does it take not to trust someone just cause they clicked a button on a website to "Friend" you. They are not your friend, they just clicked a button. They dont know you from a hole in a wall.

Sorry to tell you but nothing you have shared with this article should be new or eye opening. There is nothing in there that has changed since the first days of the internet. Even the addition of the Facebook crap is nothing new.

I know I stated in a previous topic that we shouldnt expect common sense from people. Cause what is common for 1 person is not for another. But if someone cant bother to take the time to read about how dangerous the Internet can be and find out how to protect themselves before they jump in, they deserve everything they get from it. There is more than enough stories out there about bad things happening that anyone with a friend can hear about the bad things of the internet. From there they can ask someone how to protect themselves. There is a geek not to far out of every circle of friends now a days.

Hash, but true. Hate me for it if you want.

Last edited:
There is no demand or need for a PC Security section cause we dont cover common sense.

Cause what is common for 1 person is not for another.

How about trying to help people who dont know much about PC's or their capabilitys, try and understand the potential dangers. I would of thought techist.com was about makeing Money as well as shareing and helping people with tech issues around the web. Even a section on Security with some stickys would Help. Even for the Novices.

Simple Guidence wouldnt hurt. I understand that tech-forums helps with a lot but after browseing and seeing a section, that single mother might think "Oh ok, that Web-Site the other day might be able to help." tech-forums is about makeing money aswell I would of thought as well as helping out the masses.

I would of thought techist.com was about makeing Money

1315608252001.gif

So I am dumb when it comes to computers. I have a laptop but its so freaking slow its a beast to use but I pretty much only use it to rip cds and switch music on flash drives. I would like to be able to surf net again though I think there is a ton of stuff on there I dont need how do i find that out.

On a side note is there a decent free antivirus program or do you know if Century link supplies one like comcast did when I had them.

How about trying to help people who dont know much about PC's or their capabilitys, try and understand the potential dangers. I would of thought techist.com was about makeing Money as well as shareing and helping people with tech issues around the web. Even a section on Security with some stickys would Help. Even for the Novices.

Simple Guidence wouldnt hurt. I understand that tech-forums helps with a lot but after browseing and seeing a section, that single mother might think "Oh ok, that Web-Site the other day might be able to help." tech-forums is about makeing money aswell I would of thought as well as helping out the masses.

No we are not about the money. You are so incorrect on that remark it isnt even funny. Where do we have Donate Buttons located? When have we ever asked for any money from anyone? If we were about making money, how would we do it if we dont have sponsor ads all over the site nor donate buttons anywhere to get money from our members.

Along with that, please. My wife never had a PC before she met me. Even she knew of the dangers of the internet before she even got on it. After she setup her email account, she learned real quick what Spam Email was all about and how to detect it. I was even able to guide the grandparents of 70+ years of age on how to spot it easily. Even they learned real quick that you dont have to click on everything you see on screen just cause it is there. Just like they learned that you dont have to believe everything you read cause it is on the internet.

Simply put this commercial says it all:

If people want to be ignorant to what they are getting into, there is no amount of words that can be said to give guidance or assistance. People have to be held accountable for their actions at some point. If they are willing to risk their life by using the same password and not thinking up front that if someone got ahold of it they would have access to all of their online life, again there is nothing we can say or do to help that.

We will help and give guidance. But where does the personal responsibility come in for people to finally be held accountable for their own actions instead of blaming others for their failure to think ahead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom