PC-cillin Users...or potential users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Anyone who uses/has-used PC-cillin ... well more to the point, does anyone like this program?

I bought it for "fun", before trying it (smart, I know!)...but it is extremely annoying in so many ways.

It warns you about everything. Granted, that sounds good, but--just browsing the net, it will find dozens of "spyware/ad sites" (and it has always been right thus far), but they are iframes, popups etc. They are everywhere--and a warning for each one!

"Venus spy-trap" they call it. I thought that was funny in itself :p But really, the one thing on there that is just a PITA: I added two domains to my hosts file, and there is no way to "allow" the changes permanently--upon reopening the browser, their warnings come back. Of course, you could disable the monitoring of the file, but then what is the purpose!

Lastly (thus far), I get meeting notices via Outlook / Lotus Notes. They say these emails are *viruses* because they're in an unusual format! Better yet: the fix...well, you should check it out!
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=en-126819

You edit the registry to fix something so stupid...

Ok, end of rant (sorry), but I really am curious--those of you who use this, why? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom