Page Cannot Be Displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mourning_w00d

Solid State Member
ok well heres my problem:
at first anytiem i clicked on int. explorer it wouldn't open the page. so i would hit refresh continually until it would connect. and pretty much 25% of the time it won't connect when i click on links. im not sure whats wrong..i figure spyware..i thought i would try system fiel checker, but i read windows does this all automatically. i've cleaned it all out w/adaware and some anti-virus. its clean but im thinking maybe my registry is messed up...this problem is annoying and slows my work down...please help!

m.w00d

u guys have to be kidding! someone must be able to help me...what do you guys think is wrong? what can i do to get rid of it? its like all my active x controls dont seem to work...i try and click a link..and sometimes the page will show up missing certain icons/picutres. please help!

What is your Internet connection?Is this a laptop or desktop?and also is your Internet options set to automatically detect settings?

mourning_w00d said:
u guys have to be kidding! someone must be able to help me...what do you guys think is wrong? what can i do to get rid of it? its like all my active x controls dont seem to work...i try and click a link..and sometimes the page will show up missing certain icons/picutres. please help!

Post a Hijack This, Log.

i think you guys are gonna like this one. i have 2 computers (desktops). and BOTH are doing this. and i JUST reformatted both of them. its a 5mb roadrunner connection...i THINK this might be the problem. also whats a hijack log? i keep reading about them. just post what it is...and i will figure it out...but what could be the deal here? 2 fresh computers and both have this problem. also i downloaded something with the word "tree" in it (im currently not at home so i can't tell you the full name) but its supose to fix problems like this and last night it SEEMED to work better...well tell me what u think...

thanx

I agree with the others... it sounds like a bad interent connection. Especially if you wiped both comps and it is still happening.

Does your router have a firewall? If so, check its settings.

Try powering your router down, wait a minute or two, and fire it back up agian.

Try using a different browser besides Internet Exploiter. Download Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/) or Opera (http://www.opera.com/) and see if either works any better.

Check to make sure that you are not using a proxy where you don't need to, or that you are not using one when you should. Look in your documentation that came with your interent service.

Check the routers manufacterer's website for a firmware update. I've seen and had issue's with that in the past on certain systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom