Outlook XP - large number of return emails from postmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj78

Beta member
Hi,

We are expecting a possible virus problem on one of our email aaa@xxx.com account. We are getting a huge number of return emails from postmaster@xxx.com with the body of the email with a bunch of semicolons( saying the that the email cannot be delivered to the recepient. It is trying to send each and every email i get and am getting a bounce.

We are using Outlook XP (small business) We could not detect any virus on his computer yet. I had even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook, no luck.

Please suggest what could be the reason for this.

Raj

Raj, What you need to do is follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713 and then post the resulting HiJack Log in the HiJack Forum (analyze).

Now, I will tell you that spam email is VERY common even when there is nothing wrong with your computer. All it takes is for you to have yourr real email adress out there online. That is exactly why I do not use my true address for anything. I have yahoo addresses, hotmail (not one that is the real one), a gmail, and several others. Only a handful of people know my ISP address and I just do NOT use it. I also have a business address which is SELDOM used for anything but business and I have a backup to it.

Another way to avoid spam email if you MUST use your real address is to give it out in a form that isn't readable by email *spam * robots...for instanse, use southernlady&yahoo.com the & will not be picked up and so your address won't be. But almost ANYONE who sees it will know that the & should be a @. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom