Osiris Spyware Scanner Download Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Guide to the Osiris Spyware Scanner
This is currently in BETA so use at your own risk. Any damage done to your computer/laptop/server is entirely your own fault. I take no responsibility for your actions.
This tool has been designed to be used to remove all sorts of spyware/malware/virus infections.

What this tool does is:

Stops all running processes not critical to system operation
Deletes known spyware/malware/virus location files and folder
Deletes the known spyware/malware/virus program files folder entirely
Runs cleanmgr
Executes an automatic system reboot.

Depending on your system, this tool may take up to 30 minutes to run, maybe longer, maybe shorter.

(This is still a work in progress, as of right now I just use Winrar)After you have run setup.exe, 8 files will be placed on the root of your local disk, usually the C: drive called Osiris Spyware Scanner.
The tools are:
Osiris Spyware Scanner
Hijackthis 2.0
CCleaner
Cleanup!
Msconfig Cleanup
Task Manager, Regedit, and Msconfig Utility for XP

If you happen to run this tool and the infection is still there, please submit the file, process, folder, program(s) that need to be added to the scanner.

I went to hundreds of websites that specialize in spyware removal. I then added all those files, directories, .dll, etc to my programs. I believe that it's easier to run one program for mass removal of infections then many tools.

This scanner works best if run in SAFEMODE as in most if not all infections will be removed or deactivated.

This has only been tested on my personal machine and VMware Virtual Machine. It's hard for me to infect my system with so many different types on infections but the infections I did come in contact with were removed successfully.

So in short:

1. Run Osiris Spyware Remover
2. Once you're back at the desktop open msconfig via, start, run, type msconfig, press enter. Go to the startup tab click disable all, then recheck your antivirus or any other essential programs you absolutely need to startup upon system startup. Close msconfig but do not reboot yet.
3. Open Msconfig Cleanup, click select all and then remove all.
4. Make sure IE is not running or FF.
5. Next go to the control panel, internet options, advanced tab, click on reset. This will reset IE back to factory default disabling all add-ons. You will need to reset your home page, browsing history settings and size, search defaults, tab settings, etc. (this is highly recommended)
6. I would also suggest you to head over to www.java.com and download the latest Java release. Spyware infects java on a regular basis and out-of-date java is not safe to use. So please update to safety and security reasons. Also update FLASH http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
4. Run CCleaner and make sure to run the Registry Cleaner also. Saving a backup of your registry when CCleaner prompts you to is your decision.
5. Run Cleanup!
6. Reboot
7. Now run hijackthis and post the log. If you are still having the same issues, please state that. If you see some strange files, folders, pop-ups, etc, please let us know. This is very important.
8. After posting the log, someone will be around to analyze it and remove the remaining files from your system.

All users who run this please let me know what virus scanner you are using along with any spyware scanners, etc. I didn't install every antivirus out there so I still need to add them to the program. If you could, open task manager and let me know the running process to your antivirus. Now the reason why I kill these when scanning is because they sometimes hold on to these files, spyware, viruses, etc. Spybot is one of those programs that does just that, more so Tea-Timer which is part of Spybot.

Also please rate your experience using this program. What would make it better? Critique my program but at this time, not for looks. Don't really need a fancy icon, etc.

This guide still needs to be modified and will be updated frequently. This has been tested on XP and Vista but mostly XP.

The program I used to create the .exe has not been paid for as of yet but will be once the program is finished.

Members are more than welcome to host this file on their own server or elsewhere.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Not sure if you've thought of this already or not for your final build (after the Betas)... But would be neat if you could integrate all the shorcuts into a program rather than shorcuts on the desktop, as I like to keep my desktop free of icons that I don't use. E.g., have your Main program open up a window, with buttons you can click for each individual program, and it will open up that program's executable in the install directory. Just a suggestion :D.

yes!!! Just what I wanted! more antivirus/antispyware! *goes to count list*
Antivirus {Symantech, AntiVir, Avast!, and Windows Washer (not my choice on that last one)}
Antispyware {Adaware SE, Hijack This, CWS Shredder, XoftSpy, ADS Spy Utility}
Monitoring Software {CPU-Z, Startup List, IBprocman, Uptimer 4, PC Pitshop}
*have yet to get Desktop Maestro working*

and yet, somehow, my pc still runs like crap even though all my scans run once daily, I have active shields up, all my definition files are checked daily *right before scans*... still acts like something is severely bogging down my system. right now, it takes me half an hour to submit a reply here on the forums because my computer freezes so often. hopefully your scanner will help me out osiris!

Downloaded :]

As I didn't have any ad/spyware, it helped to clean my registry, as my school has changed too much on this laptop. THEY DON'T EVEN LET YOU HAVE THE XP START MENU. -_- but thanks to Osiris, I can now benefit from the XP start menu.

ANYWAY,
It's a good little program you have there =D

My program does not edit the registry directly in any way unless you used CCleaners Registry Cleaner. :D

i'm using it on one of our older shop pc's, granted i just reinstalled yesterday but i figure i'll give it a shot on a non necessary computer and see how it works. and so far its taking a year and a half but it looks to be extremely thorough so thats good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom