"......not working" messages wont stop appearing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
dude wtf??!! I just got Vista up n running yesterday n im still getting my sidebar, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Kaspersky, etc. quit out AUTOMATICALLY.

this problem is not suppose to happen anymore more but it is..........just not as often as it was before. What r my options to fix this problem? It started occuring as soon as i got Vista up n running is all i know.

What do you mean by quiting? They just don't show up or what?

what i mean is, for example, the Windows sidebar is up n running with gadgets. After a while, a message box comes up n says "Windows Sidebar is not responding.......* i close it, the sidebar closes n message box says it's restarting n it does. Last time my computer was up n running, when Windows Explorar did this, sometimes it restarts n then it doesnt come back, making me have to log off, log back on.

im gonna have to talk to technical support again or just reinstall Vista again but this time not have the network cable in. I think once i got connected to the internet, that is when the problem starts. I know that everytime i try to get the Creative SB X-Fi drivers, 3 viruses r attached to it n so i blocked them this time, but i think 2 of them got through.

EDIT:

im in safe mode n it doesnt happen but im connected to the internet. I'm gonna start backing up stuff again n reinstalling, this is rediculous.

EDIT 2:

well im getting BSODs just trying to log in normally. Getting an 0xc000007f n 0x000008E. I'm gonna back my stuff up n reinstall Vista again, this time without the network cable in.

You might be having hardware issues

thats what tech support said from Microsoft. We couldnt get the SATA HDD to work, but we got the ATA 133 HDD to work (80GB). I then reinstalled Vista again on the SATA HDD because i got it to work myself. But ya u could be right though, it's gotta be a hardware issue on my SATA HDD. I dont remember it happening to my ATA 133 HDD.

y did i decide to install Vista back on my SATA HDD? Because i was accessing my files too slowly on the ATA 133 HDD, didnt like it at all.

Well what do you want? A messed up sidebar or slow access times? :cool:

what do i want? This is what im gonna do. I'm gonna order a new HDD, a DVD-ROM drive that is SATA, n 2 x 512mb Crucial DDR2 800 SDRAM.

EDIT:

like it said before, it's not just the sidebar, it's everything else. I already checked for bad sectors.

i backed up everything again. Before i order new parts, im gonna see about a warranty of this HDD first.

Have you tested your RAM? That error you posted before is a RAM related error code. This code here:

0x000008E

Is a driver related issue. I can almost bet it is your Creative Drivers causing you grief.

Have you tested your RAM? That error you posted before is a RAM related error code. This code here:

0x000008E

Is a driver related issue. I can almost bet it is your Creative Drivers causing you grief.

that error did show up a couple of times. Now it's showing the 0x000007F error. I tested the RAM twice, it's fine. I really believe that it's my HDD, i dont remember this happening to my IDE HDD, which im gonna sell tomorrow in a huge garage sale my family is having to get money since my dad is in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. I repaired my SATA HDD too but that didnt do anything. I even unplugged the network cable thinking some viruses r automatically going onto my computer when i load up Vista.

y did i post this thread in this forum? Because it was viruses that ruined my computer n cause me to reinstall Vista all over again, it's been two months since my computer got messed up, Makaveli213 knows the whole story.

ive decided to buy a new HDD, same kind but one with 32mb cache instead, because i looked over the Seagate warranty n i dont think the warranty is gonna cover this. I read that they wont cover "improper installation," which this problem is.

i talked with tech support today with Microsoft, told them what was happening n they said there gonna set my problem as unresolved, thus not charging me for using tech support. I swear, i was getting blue screens everywhere, most times when i took out the Boot DVD to load Windows error 0x000007F would show up. Would a new HDD solve my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom