Norton Removal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you guys can help me with this new problem. I've reinstalled the OS via CD, I've installed SP2 via CD, I've installed spyware removal tools, via CD, now I try and install Norton, and it won't get passed the norton install screen. I've been able to use the norton disk on other PC's just fine, but not on this notebook. I've used an external CD Rom, and it's installed fine. But it won't work from the CD Rom on the notebook. Any ideas? I just don't understand? It'll install other things by the CD Rom, but not Norton, i'm baffled!!!

It's not my Notebook. They were able to get Norton for 50.00 with a 25.00 mail in-rebate. I've all ready told them my concerns about it, but alas, I can't make them change their minds.

thats what happens with Norton.

At my work, they have it for $9.99, save $50 on rebates. Norton is finally admitting that they're crap.

Yep i had norton on my machine for about a year then my computer got a virus and seriously messed it up to a point where i lost everything because i had to totally re-format the pc to get it working as it should agian, and then (before i knew how bad a reputation norton had) i then re-reinstalled norton and a few months later i turn my pc on and a message pops up from norton ( cant remember exactly what it said) but it was something along the lines of "norton needs to repaired but this feature insnt included with norton, please uninstall and re-install" need less to say it went straight in the bin!

And as soon as i removed norton and installed other security stuff, my god my pc was 10times faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom