Norton Antivirus 2009 or Norton Internet Security Suite 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norton isn't bad if you're a basic user. It is better than nothing in my opinion although it can restrict you more than others and use more system resources. I know it can be hard to peel away as it were from software you've been using for a long time.

Okay first I dont over dose on Red Bull. I am a father and not a EXTREME Techie. But as i said any self respecting tech site does not promote Norton. I do not see it on any major tech sites that do not have a partnership with Norton.

You are the one who feels you are being insulted and by your comments you are overly confident of Norton's abilties. I HAVE run NIS 2009. It still SUCKS. I ran the beta and a week later took it off and installed Avast again.

Want to know my findings?

There was 5 viruses found by Avast FREE edition. There was also malware on my PC. There was also spyware and more. Vundo, and other stuff that couldnt be fixed easily.

Not to mention the performance gain i got back after taking Norton off. I got at least a 20% increase in boot time and resources on my system.

Also show me any place in the WORLD other than the USA where Norton sells as much as it does in our un-informed society. Just 1 place. Norton doesnt sell Millions of copies around the world. IT is only the USA that buys into Norton and McAfee's bull.

You want real results install a VM System and test it. I know of more people who have done these tests just like me. You are not trying to debate yet you refuse to accept the advise of people who have made names for themselves on this site. People who work in the Virus area to help people get rid of the stuff that infects people's computers.

If you dont belive me about the remarks about any self respecting site go to other forums and ask about Norton and see what kinf od response you get. It wont be much different than this.

Just one point in the UK in shops like PC world they force norton down your throat if you want to buy a laptop, it is branded here as the no.1 internet security in the high street (not online of course).

If that shop is associated with the Magazine PCWorld i know why. they are affilated with Norton. They have a partnership which is why the magazine brags about Norton all the time.

If that shop is associated with the Magazine PCWorld i know why. they are affilated with Norton. They have a partnership which is why the magazine brags about Norton all the time.

Nah the shop is a chain in the UK, bit like you're best buy over in the states, you can buy systems for say £499 then pay an extra £99 for office and the all important NORTON :p

Norton isn't bad if you're a basic user. It is better than nothing in my opinion

Is it? Wants the point if it doesnt remove everything. Even if it does, its still slow as a snail and bogs down your PC.

Two years ago i got rid of Norton and installed Avast. Avast found 350 malicious files immediately while Norton only ever reported one thing, which it failed to remove. Of course this in an older version of the software but they build off their previous versions....

Everyone here is just trying to help you, and so far they have said nothing that is untrue. No knowledgeable tech or geek will advise you to use anything under the Norton Anti-Virus range of products ever. Period.

I realize your topic was: "Which one of these two is better?" (both being Norton apps). But thats like someone asking: Which of these should i do, stick a fork in the electricity or punch a swarm of bees. Instead of specifically following his question and just picking one for him, we say: NO. THATS A BAD IDEA.

Just as we are doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom