NOD32 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi, i installed NOD32 and seem to have gotten infected,
the first instance was when it said something like
"windows must now restart because RPC service has terminated unexpectedly". i did some research and came up with references to the msblast.exe, i looked for it in my files, coudl not find it.

i think the msblast deactivated nod32, and now my computer is unresponsive at ties, it did not even respond to ctrl+alt+del.

where do i go from here, i thought if i installed NOD32, i would be sorted.

previously i was using adsl and the adsl box had a built in firewall which probably kept out the nasties and i was virus free for soem time.

i
thanks for the link, i used the application and the system does not have the blaster worm. howeer it told me that my system needed some patch, i just installed hte patch.

i will update all my updates :), i came across this reference that i shoud turn off my pc and leave it off for 30 seconds before i go into safe mode, does it mean a restart is not good enough for cleaning the computer, and the stuff lurks in the RAM for 30 seconds.

can you tell me if it was not blaster which caused the RPC probem, could there be another worm/trojan out there?

what is making my computer sluggish and at times unresponsive, please help?

i am downloading the patch as i type, is there some sort of "mother of all patches" which i can download and which brings me up to date with the latest patched verson of windows xp?

yeah...the service packs I think....I am not sure they include ALL patches though

but i wouldn't install SP2...have seen lots of trouble

i have got windows xp with SP1, i just installed the patch but my AVG resident shield says that i have got an agobot.29.R infection, i ran AVG a couple of times, but the infection is still there.

the message in the end says "To remove the virus, please run AVG for windows"

please help

can u run AVG at startup? with avast u can run a virusscan before windows boots...see if AVG has such an option

I don't know if AVG supports this.

I mean: to run a scan before windows has fully booted, mostly at the point u get the scandisk or even before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom