~~No auto protect in norton~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
In IE, click Tools. In the drop-down menu, select Internet Tools..., then click the General tab (should be already there). On that tab, you can delete the cookies, delete the temp internet files, and clear the history.

BTW, is your Norton up-to-date? And have you ran your SpyBot?

Dave :D

hi people me again

I've tried deleting the temporary internet files and cookies and cleared the history howver the infections are still there.

is is possible to delete the files inside the TEMP folder manually or the actual TEMP folder itself or will that bugger up my com;uter??

:beard:

you can delete anything in safe mode.

most people also don't know but when you got viruses

you run norton in safe mose and it can get rid of viruses, that it couldn't in reg mode

TeCk_N, have you tried Vance's suggestion? You might want to contact Symantec about the auto-protect if it's still not on/available.

What's the latest?

hey

yeah i,ve just run norton in safe mode. I now have 563 infections that it is unable to fix.

all of the infected files are in the WINDOWS/Temp folder i have tried to delete these files using internet options but it doesn't work.

Can i just highlight all of the file in the temp folder and delete them or is that a bad idea??

I really need to know these stupid viruses are really getting on my nerves. and now they seem to be increasing.

Also my computer is starting to mess up even more, My real player doesn't work and when i try to use it i get an error message telling me that Norton has encountered an internal problem and need to close. Other programmes are messing up aswel such as MSN messenger

and i keep on getting the stupid norton error messages ,

Can somebody please help me!!!!!!

Are these infections in a quarantine file? If Norton is not fixing them nor quarantining them, then Norton is corrupted.

If you can't delete the contents of the temp file using your internet options, you may not be able to delete them by highlighting and right clicking delete.

Try running the CWShredder. Make sure all your browser windows are closed before running. After that, run HJT and post your new file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom