newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

salz

Baseband Member
hi im a newbie and i need help

ill start from the begining. 2 days ago i reformated my comp because of a virus. today my husband was just doing his usual thing on car forums and this toolbar pops up on IE. well i got rid of the tool bar but i cant get rid of the homepage it came with. i have used Spybot SD and that got rid of the toolbar.
i have used system mechanic 5 and nothing i did a virus scan using a program called kaspersky anti virus it came with system mechanic 5. it found 10 viruses :eek: . i have downloaded zone alarm. i think i might have been hacked. one of the things my virus program deleted was called hacktool.win32.hidd.j i did a google search on it but couldnt find anything on it.

i did a screen shot of the web site and if u can help plz do.

Or, also use avast! because it can actually be a trojan controling your IE and redirecting your stuff and logging.

done thanx for that zimon . i am a firefox user but havent had time to install it after i reformat i love that program.

i am running now zone alarm, im using firefox, i also have system mechanic pro 5 and that came with its own virus protector called kaspersky anti virus, also got Spy Sweeper and spybot SD, i feelmuch more secure now.

is hijack this better than zone alarm??

Hijackthis doesn't stop anything, it merely reports it (in a log file when you scan)

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom