new virus or old somethin like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

kynetikg01

Beta member
sup ppl
i think i might have gotten a pretty stubborn virus recently. tried to get rid of it w/ a couple of diferent anitvirus programs but no luck. reformatted the comp . but as soon as i get the internet up. the symptoms came right back. it popped up a website called "www.arab1000.com". den i found a couple of suspecious .exe runnin in da processes. i used an online scanned by trendmicro n the first thing it found was "worm_mydoom" something. once in a while, a ms dos application comes up said it was tryin to run .. er .. "hub132.exe" , "tay0x.exe" and some other stuff. anyone know wat kinda crap ds is? plz reply

I had that virus last friday...
It was a mess...

Hub132.exe is 1 part of a 3 part virus.
Symantec can now clean it as of friday afternoon. No name for it yet as it is new.

You must boot in safe mode and delete several possable files.
hub132.exe
cvbret.exe
wi32werv.exe
these are in the winnt/system32 directory and marked read only.
Then delete any keys in the registry that refrence them.
This virus will send out broadcast arps that will take down a network.
Just one symptom of the virus.

I would suggest you go to www.sysinternals.com and download processexplorer and autoruns first. Use processexplorer to identify all running processess. Any without a company name that have a high pid (above 1000) could be trouble. Autoruns with show all applications and give you the ability to remove them not just uncheck them as in msconfig. Next, run hijack this and see if the viral processes you removed are gone. Be very careful of what you fix in Hijack This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom