New Phishing Scam Targets iTunes Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I know most of you guys are smart enough not to fall for this...BUT...we all know people that might so spread the word to friends and family.

The Computerworld report says that users began receiving spam email messages on Monday telling them that they must correct a problem with their iTunes account; however, the link leads to a third-party site masquerading as an iTunes billing update page: "that phony page asks for information including credit card number and security code, Social Security number and mother's maiden name," the report noted.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

I would suggest everyone to treat all "billing updates" as phishing scam. I understand a lot of people have not seen what phishing really is, that is why so many of them fall victims so easily the first time. I have seen so many phishing mails that it is really hard to surprise me. In most cases, Firefox warns me against visiting fraudulent sites. Even if it is unaware of a phishing site, I always check the address bar, and if I see "|-" signs, I know immediately it is a phishing site. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom