Network Solutions Under Prolonged DDoS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Network Solutions Under Prolonged DDoS Attack

According to this article, Network Solutions has been under siege by a prolonged large-scale DDoS attack. To deal with the attack, Network Solutions is blocking large ranges of public IP addresses from accessing their resources, cutting off many legitimate users in the process.

Generally speaking, DDoS attacks of this scale are "earned," at least according to the attackers. Network Solutions has never enjoyed a great reputation with the Internet underworld, although I don't know of anything specific that might have elicited this response.

One more reason that I am going to dump these guys as my ecommerce engine (I use their MonsterCommerce engine/hosting for my network and PC cable business.) In fact, I am wondering if the DDoS attack was from a disgruntled customer. NS recently forced all of us, willing or not, to go onto their latest 'upgrade' for the ecommerce engine. No flexibility and bugs and other problems be ******, they had a schedule and stuck to it. I am working furiously to get my business moved elsewhere, though it will take several weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom