Need Info For Avg And Trojans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartsimpson

Beta member
Hi all,
I would like your help on the following. My AVG 7.5 (free edition) detected downloader trojans (malware), they were placed in the virus vault. Ten minutes later while I was still surfing the internet, my computer suddely crashed and when i restarted, windows would not open.

I have four questions to ask you.

1) Is it possible that the downloader trojans in my virus vault crashed my computer?

2) or could i have been infected by another downloader trojan that was not detected by avg?

3) does avg detect all trojans and viruses when you are first infected?

4) or is it likely that a backdoor trojan caused a crash upon imidiate infection upon my computer?

I have reinstalled the system disk and i am now clear, but i ask the questions in curiosity to see how effective avg really is.

Thank you for your input.

1. Yes

2. Also very possible

3. It should. That is the purpose of teh anti-virus program. But the program is only as good as the definations. If a new virus or trojan gets out before a defination is written and released for it you will be infected before you could possibly have a defense for it.

4. I would think that my previous answer is much more possible than AVG missing a back door trojan and that crashing your PC.

He already reinstalled. A HiJack wouldnt be useful now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom