Need help with virus removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cctxbmx

Beta member
My friend's computer is infected with the security tool pc virus. I have googled how to remove this virus on my computer but I am unable to access the internet on hers to download Malwarebytes.
Regedit and task manager only pop up for a split second then close so I can not end the processes or delete the registry keys . I tried to boot in safe mode and access the internet there but that does not work as well. It says I am connected to the internet but the browser can not display the webpage.
And to top it off I do not have the cds to reboot the machine :(

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank you for your time.

Boot in Safe mode > start > run > msconfig > find the Security Tool entry there and disable it.

Disable System Restore.
Make sure there's no proxy server on IE: Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > connections tab > LAN settings > uncheck the proxy server options > hit OK on all open Windows.

As for what programs to use...
Run ComboFix, MBAM, and HJT in that order, and then post the logs here for somebody (most likely Osiris) to analyze for you.

Get a flash drive or burn the programs to a CD, and put them on there that way. Don't connect to the internet until the computer is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom