Need Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai2x

Beta member
OK I just reformated my HD but my CPU Usage History now spikes from 10%-100% every other second. What is the problem? Its driving me nuts! It has never done this before. Can someone please help?!?!?!

Probably spyware. Download a good anti spyware program. I would also do a virus check.
BTW, did you do a full format or quick format, I learned the troubles a quick format brings the hard way.

I did a full format and I don't think its spyware because right after (and I mean right after, I logged on then opened the task manager and there it was) I loaded the OS it was doing spikes from 10%-100% every other second. Thanks for the reply dnoch.....any other suggestions?

No, sorry. That is all I have. Im sure somone else will be able to help.
Just a final thought though: Maybe it is because you obviously don't have the latest drivers of all your hardware (since you reformated). That (in theory) could cause your machine to hog more memory/cpu usage

Well i formated before and this hasn't occured and all of a sudden after this format its like this. I searched around the net a little to see if other have had this problem but I could only find one other person that has had the same problem and they had no solution. Thanks again dnosh.

Which process is using the most CPU cycles? There are many many reasons a PC may have a high CPU usage. Check your device manager for any conflicts.

Most virus's, worms..ect won't survive a format and reinstall unless it's a boot sector virus (Not many seen anymore) so it's likely one or more of your programs are malfunctioning.

The only programs that are using the CPU are svchost.exe, System Idle Process and System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom