Need an Anti-virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainsoup

Solid State Member
I need a anti-virus for a new computer.I'm using Windows vista 64 bit home premium if you needed to know.
I'm not going to be searching the internet for much of anything and ill only be using the computer for games, so would a good free AV be alright or should i just buy a anti-virus?

I don't want a resource hog.

I have tried about 5 or 6 AV softwares out over the years, granted there have been major improvments, atleast I hope, in some AV softwares. Bitdefender AV 2009 is by far the best I think. I am now trying AVG Free and IMHO its horrible. Major resource hog during startup and slows the comp down a bit overall.

If you go with Bitdefender, I would only get their AV software and not the internet security versions. They seem to have some issues with the internet security versions, unless they fixed them. I have never had issues with their standard AV software though. I have tested it out with some of those "virus filled files" and it either catches them all or atleast labels and blocks what it knows and blocks the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom