mywebsearch infection manual deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, so nearly as an experiment, I contracted the most common, in my experience anyways, spyware infection, mywebsearch. I did this after completely uninstalling my av and antispyware programs to show a friend how quickly I could fix it. upon downloading a file I knew was infected *a friend directed me to it* TADA! I have spyware. within the minute I had a full on infection. within 10 I had redownloaded AVAST! and Superantispyware. between the two they knocked it down well, I did some hunting in what I know of the registry, but now I have a question.
Due to a persistance, and tenacity, of mywebsearch, I downloaded Spybot S&D, and have some remnants. I have 4 registry items identified by Spybot that cannot be fixed by Spybot. some nonsense of I have to have administrator rights or run as administrator to fix selected items. so I'm at a crossroads. I am in the registry, am looking at the first of the items. do I just delete, or am I renaming? otherwise, how do I run as administrator?
-----REGISTRY ENTRIES ON THE BLOCK------

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2E9937FC-CF2F-4F56-AF54-5A6A3DD375CC} listed TROJAN by spybot
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{CF54BE1C-9359-4395-8533-1657CF209CFE}
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D518921A-4A03-425E-9873-B9A71756821E}

I am guessing your OS is either Vista or 7. If that is the case you can right click on the spybot icon and select run as administrator (if it is available from the menu) or select properties and then click the compatibility tab and select it there.
If you still have problems you may want to try using Malwarebytes. I have used this product for over a year with great results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom