my virus problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapliquid

Baseband Member
Now i know what the problems are on my computer, but i know there is no way to fix them. I know on my computer i have a Trojan, a worm, a backdoor control thing and maybe a few others that sit in my temp files, in my C drive. My computer itself has become slow as hell. and i have the AntiVir program that just doesn't do anything, it just pops up and tells me i have them, so i get the usuall pop-ups in the beginning when i turn the computer on and if i x them all out and go to do something on the computer, nothing will open at all. No internet, no my computer, not word anything, they just dont open at all.

If i click on my computer while the pop up windows are coming up i can open it and look through my files, but i cannot get rid of the viruses just sitting in my temp folder.

I wonder if just erasing my harddrive and putting windows back on is the best idea, give me your thoughts.

also, i am not exactly all up and up on the computer tech lingo.. so explain it a little more and i will tell you as much as i know.

Cheapliquid,

I am assuming that you are using Internet Exporer. Follow these steps:
Click Tools--> Interent Options--> Delete Cookies--> OK--> Delete Files--> check Delete all offline content-->OK.

If you are using Firefox, use these:
Click Tools--> Options--> Privacy--> click Clear across from Cookies--> click Clear across from Cache-->OK.

Follow this link:
http://home.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=TrialwareCenter&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715

It will take you to the download page of Computer Associates trial software. Download either EZ Armor 2005 (anti-virus and firewall) or EZ Antivirus™ 2005. I have EZ Armor, myself. Download one of these and install it.

Scan your computer and see if it helps.

www.trendmicro.com
www.pandasoftware.com/activescan (must use IE for that one i think)

Use ONE of these but make u uninstall all of ur antivirus program first.. start>controllpanel>add/removeprograms> find it and remove
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1968.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download886.html

also get spybot S/D and adware personal alot of signitures on here have them...
even if u decide to format.. still get the downloads.. one antivirus and u can free scan with others.. here is a disk u can use to format:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1386

i have s/d, i have adware. my computer is just not opening programs, and i can sit there all day and look through my program files and system files, almost anything i tell the computer to do, like delete all offline content, and my computer just freezes and i have to restart. i just want to erase the harddrive or something so that i can reinstall xp and get the proper things on it that i will ask all your opinions on the best programs and stuff.

http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupeng.exe
Once it's installed, if you can install it, have it run on startup, it should automatically ask you. Also, If you can't install it, try going into safemode and installing it. Press f8 while booting up to get into safemode, or, you may have a way to get into it using 'Advanced startup options' when you power up.
Good luck.

well thank you guys. i went to do the safe mode thing that u said but uhh.. i think i fixed my computer sorta.. since i am posting from it, it's just a litle slow. i downloaded firefox so im a step up. i need to just find a way to speed up my computer its still a litle wacked, i got rid of the viruses while in safe mode and i ran my adaware which got rid of 1375 files, so i thank you guys, and i plan on being around here alot and all, i still dunno what im gonna do about my slow ass computer i can pretty much only go onto this internet, i dont know what you guys think of trillian but thats the messanger i use, i wanna get a good pop up blocker.. i already have one it isn't working to well. Any ideas on how i can fix my computer now to speed it up it's pretty much just full of shit from those viruses that were on it. i wrote down all the names of the viruses in case they didn't go away and i was gonna post to you guys about em..

i basically fixed it in safe mode, did a system restore, and then ran that and just deleted crap on here.

Viruses in my Temp.

2 Programs.
Ncasepackage
180search assistant

3 flash objects
bb_auto_wider
bb_click_wider
bb_welcome1

html doc.
bb_welcome

icons
blank 1x1
icon 34 x 34
logo 72 x 94

i do get the dll pop up when i turn computer on talking about wildtangent..

and i was geting a WJView error..

get back to me on this stuff i want to fix my computer and have it in tip-top shape like i use to.

well i kinda fixed my computer and got rid of that stuff but there is one more virus that still makes my internet explorer pop up alot. i got 42 pop ups overnight and i can't close them or open my taskmanager to close out internet explorer, so i need something to get rid of i might need a registry scanner and something else, i'll have to get back to you with the exact problem. i'm gonna try and fix it in safe mode, i can get on regularly and download scanners and things if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom