My Quad Core is slow as hell

So you need to Scan your computer by a full version of antivirus programs and don't ever go for the free version of antivirusues as they slows down your computer and asks for updates very frequently. Updating antivirus invites viruses to download in your computer along with the update files. Full vewrsion antivirus program won't ask for updates at all. And maintains your computer's speed and performance.

What in the hell are you talking about?

There's a lot of free antiviruses that are loads better than the crap you pay for (Norton / McAfee). MSE, Avira, AVG... all free and good. All AV's ask for updates when they need to. If you're saying that paid AV's don't update.. then they're not doing they're job. Virus signatures change and new malware is formed... AV's HAVE to update otherwise they're not going to work right.

How does updating an AV invite viruses to download alongside the update? You realize that potentially exists with almost everything that connects to the internet, right? McAfee and Norton hinder performance because they're overbloated, retail crap. The only paid AV that's good is Eset Nod32; that's the only AV I'd be willing to pay for.

According to the problem you are facing, it seems like your system is infected by malware and viruses. Because generally the CPU Usage does not reach upto that level. So you need to Scan your computer by a full version of antivirus programs and don't ever go for the free version of antivirusues as they slows down your computer and asks for updates very frequently. Updating antivirus invites viruses to download in your computer along with the update files. Full vewrsion antivirus program won't ask for updates at all. And maintains your computer's speed and performance.

Do you even have any computer knowledge????? Mate Carnage is 100% right and you are 100% WRONG. God I am only a year 10 student and even I know that anti virus's free or full need to update

I think the biggest mistake made here so far was nobody asked him what that 800MB process was that he closed. Could have been a good indicator of what the beginning problem was before causing anymore problems. Just my 0.02.

Edit: What program was taking up all the resources?
I asked.

What in the hell are you talking about?

There's a lot of free antiviruses that are loads better than the crap you pay for (Norton / McAfee). MSE, Avira, AVG... all free and good. All AV's ask for updates when they need to. If you're saying that paid AV's don't update.. then they're not doing they're job. Virus signatures change and new malware is formed... AV's HAVE to update otherwise they're not going to work right.

How does updating an AV invite viruses to download alongside the update? You realize that potentially exists with almost everything that connects to the internet, right? McAfee and Norton hinder performance because they're overbloated, retail crap. The only paid AV that's good is Eset Nod32; that's the only AV I'd be willing to pay for.

Sorry, double post.

I have to chime in on the paid AV thing. I got a 60 trial of Webroot with the G75. The Best Buy employee just wouldn't give up so finally I said I'd take a copy. It's working great. Already saved my butt a few times. Really low system impact (I quit the program and see no difference in Task Manager) and it works well in conjunction with Malwarebytes. I'd have to say that Webroot is the only AV I've ever considered paying for. My subscription is up soon, and I will be upgrading to the complete edition. Mainly for the Android app.

Sorry, double post.

I have to chime in on the paid AV thing. I got a 60 trial of Webroot with the G75. The Best Buy employee just wouldn't give up so finally I said I'd take a copy. It's working great. Already saved my butt a few times. Really low system impact (I quit the program and see no difference in Task Manager) and it works well in conjunction with Malwarebytes. I'd have to say that Webroot is the only AV I've ever considered paying for. My subscription is up soon, and I will be upgrading to the complete edition. Mainly for the Android app.

Not saying all paid AV's are bad (hence why I listed Norton / McAfee ;)). Nod32 was great for me and saved me a few times back in the day when I used it. But now I'm just more careful about what I click on / where I go. Helps having Flashblock / adblock / NoScript on FF / Chrome as well.

Back
Top Bottom