My Quad Core is slow as hell

OK. I cannot start up Windows 7. It will go to the logo screen, and then do nothing, for ever.

Nothing seems to be working, like NOTHING. Nothing is working, I can't log into windows, because it wont go past the Starting screen, I can't reinstall using my legit Windows 7 Premium disc, because it keeps saying that it simply can't do it, something to do with corruption, I can't repair it either due to the same reasons... is Microsoft being a total douchebag?

No. This has nothing at all to do with Microsoft. They provide the OS in completely working order. You are the one who installs software and does things to modify it from the way they offer it. Something becomes corrupt in the system, that isnt their fault. I have used Windows 7 since its beta days and never had a single file corruption. So it isnt Windows or Microsoft that caused this. Sorry mate this one is all on you.

Your only option will be to backup your data using a Linux LiveCD like Ubuntu, formatting and reinstalling.

But how do I get that done without logging into windows? I can't get pass the loading screen for the normal startup, and when I boot from the windows 7 disc, it loads reeeeeally slowly, it takes 5 mins to get to the first screen to select your language and keyboard ****, etc., plus it doesn't do anything - it fails to install and/or repair... then I can just restart or stare blankly at the screen, maybe try one of the options again, and wait a million minutes again.

But how do I get that done without logging into windows? I can't get pass the loading screen for the normal startup, and when I boot from the windows 7 disc, it loads reeeeeally slowly, it takes 5 mins to get to the first screen to select your language and keyboard ****, etc., plus it doesn't do anything - it fails to install and/or repair... then I can just restart or stare blankly at the screen, maybe try one of the options again, and wait a million minutes again.

Any error messages pop up when you say it fails to install? If so, be specific and post what the error messages are.

Please re-read my post. Where did I say to boot into Windows to backup your files? I said to use a Linux LiveCD, which has nothing at all to do with Windows. You boot to the CD as if you were booting the Windows install CD. From there you access your files and put them on a CD/DVD or External device for safe keeping.

Absolutely nothing at all in my statement said to boot into Windows.

@KSoD: Well that's cool. So where do I get this CD?
EDIT: Riiiight I download it burn it. Thanx.

@carnagex: So this pops up when I try to install windows 7 -

"Windows cannot open the file H:\Sources\install.wim Error code 0x80070017."

I think H:\ is my external HD that I've since unplugged, but I am very confused, and not savvy with these matters.

And this will pop up when I try to restore -

"An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070017)"

Startup Repair says it cannot repair automatically.

Does HomeGroupUser$ allow random people on the internet to just connect with your computer and give it viruses?

I think the biggest mistake made here so far was nobody asked him what that 800MB process was that he closed. Could have been a good indicator of what the beginning problem was before causing anymore problems. Just my 0.02.

Back
Top Bottom