My Awesome Computer Isn't Being Very Awesome

Nhpeden

In Runtime
ForumRunner_20150120_092147.jpg

ForumRunner_20150120_092205.jpg

ForumRunner_20150120_092228.jpg

My computer is acting up :( I'm ready to remove/uninstall/buy what I need to to fix it for good. Thanks in advance!

Going from your Introduction post (that you are receiving popups and the like), start out with running Malwarebytes Antimalware, and post the log here after removing everything it finds.

After that, run HiJackThis and post the log here (don't remove anything unless told to do so). Download it from here, and run it as Admin: HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Also, go through your Programs & Features list and look for any Coupon programs, uninstall any toolbars, "extra" security scanners (like the McAfee Security Scanner), etc.

What AV are you running as well? I'd recommend either Avast, Avira, or BitDefender Free.

Also, check your browser's Extensions/Add-ons lists for any rogue entries that were install.

Would be a good idea to check your proxy settings as well. Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings... -> make sure "use a proxy" is unchecked.

You could also go through your Startup list and making sure there isn't anything bad coming up there. Start -> Type "msconfig" (without quotes) -> press Enter -> Startup tab -> make sure nothing in starting from the AppData directory, and go through the list and see if there's anything else you'd want to disable (you could disable everything except for your AV, really).

Going from your Introduction post (that you are receiving popups and the like), start out with running Malwarebytes Antimalware, and post the log here after removing everything it finds.

After that, run HiJackThis and post the log here (don't remove anything unless told to do so). Download it from here, and run it as Admin: HiJackThis | SourceForge.net
I'm running my PC in safe mode right now. Do I have to boot it regularly to do this stuff? And also, I hope this is what Malwarebytes is supposed to look like

ForumRunner_20150120_093526.jpg

Safe Mode first. If nothing is found in any of the logs after you post them, I'll let you know if you should boot into normal mode.

Yes, that is what MBAM is supposed to look like.

Well ****...
Malwarebytes wasnt loading in safe mode so I shut down and attempted to boot normally (before reading your reply). That didn't work and the computer froze at the welcome screen. I force shut down so I could boot in safe mode and run the MB scan like you said and now it stalled here for a few minutes.

ForumRunner_20150120_095157.jpg

While typing this the screen just turned black :( what have I done

Does the HDD light still show activity by blinking? Or is it solid on or off?

The monitor stopped receiving a signal entirely so I force shutdown and now I'm just letting it sit here off. I'm not sure what the HDD light is though :/ should I attempt to turn it on in safe mode again?

The HDD light is the light that blinks on the front of your computer (usually near the power button) when there is disk activity. It may have an icon of a cylinder next to it as well.

Yes, turn it back on and see if you can get into either Safe Mode or Normal Mode.

ForumRunner_20150120_112009.jpg

I'm booting into safe mode and it is stalling right here. This normally happens and will probably get to safe mode in a bit.

The HDD light is the light that blinks on the front of your computer (usually near the power button) when there is disk activity. It may have an icon of a cylinder next to it as well.

Yes, turn it back on and see if you can get into either Safe Mode or Normal Mode.

ForumRunner_20150120_113348.jpg

What am I supposed to do now?? :'(

Back
Top Bottom