MSN viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I have noticed lately a lot of my friends on messenger have been sending me offline messages of links to go to. I instantly noticed they were infected. It gets annoying, but i did find something interesting.

Many of the links look like this:
h ttp://www.nkcfh.info
h ttp://www.dbnyxc.info
h ttp://www.qmnfct.info
h ttp://www.mxbpkr.info
h ttp://www.xjctsp.info
h ttp://www.rhqwcp.info
h ttp://www.mgtwdn.info
h ttp://www.kfytsj.info
h ttp://www.dsbpzg.info
h ttp://www.gmnzby.info
h ttp://www.dbnyzc.info
h ttp://www.jcyhzr.info
h ttp://www.dsbpzg.info
h ttp://www.dbnyzc.info
h ttp://www.bzjnxd.info
h ttp://www.zjdgxq.info
h ttp://www.qvsgwy.info
h ttp://www.cdystp.info
h ttp://www.hmybqw.info
h ttp://www.yvmjzc.info
h ttp://www.vmytks.info
h ttp://www.nhcswv.info
h ttp://www.ztmrcj.info
h ttp://www.wkfbmt.info
h ttp://www.fvkgcz.info
h ttp://www.zcxrjb.info
h ttp://www.jtyqkv.info
h ttp://www.xhzsrg.info
h ttp://www.hqnxmv.info
h ttp://www.srbgxz.info
h ttp://www.pghzvq.info
h ttp://www.bgpmwr.info
h ttp://www.ndkzcy.info
h ttp://www.tpyhzx.info
h ttp://www.friendly-offer.com
h ttp://www.shorty-link.com

If you do get infected, or know someone that is, they can try this method:
1) Install anti virus e.g. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 7.5.516
2) Spyware detector or remover e.g. Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.2.6
3) Trend Microâ„¢ HouseCall is an application for checking whether your computer has been infected by viruses, spyware, or other malware. HouseCall performs additional security checks to identify and fix vulnerabilities to prevent reinfection.
4) Ok, I think this can be solved if you change the password to you MSN account? I'm not infected so if those infected please try and share if it's working or not. This is because I heard those who infected actually check MSN who blocked you and have to login, so I suspect it might be the problem.​

source:i'm saimatkong » MSN Messenger Spread Virus By URL Link

EDIT: I had to space between the "h" and "t" on all of the links because it automatically made them a direct clickable link each time i tried to post it. I didn't want anyone accidently getting the viruses from this thread.

I would say 2 thigns about this.

1.) that your friends were infected as well and that is how it got sent to you. I bet the links got sent to everyone on their contact list.

2.) you should never click a link, even from someone you know, without proper protection installed already.

I get them from 2 of my contacts, they advertise things like who's blocking you, new emoticans etc, pointless yet curious crap :)

I get them from 2 of my contacts, they advertise things like who's blocking you, new emoticans etc, pointless yet curious crap :)

I've gotten 'em from a bunch of mine...would happen every 5-10 minutes or so... So I finally just got fed up w/ it and blocked them..that stopped the spamming LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom