MsConfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
problem is when i go to msconfig and go to startup tab and try to uncheck the programs i want to get rid of they just come back up even when i restart its like i have no control is it a virus?

also can anyone help me out with norton its gone weird recently came up with an error saying compoent is missing please reinstall its been fine for like years suddenly now its gone??? i ran a virus scanner it found 6 threats i deleted them all.

Post a screen shot of msconfing/startup so I can see the entries and expand the entries also.

Take the screen shot save them in paint preferably as a jpg or gif so its a bit smaller (at least in my opinion) then upload them to a free site like http://photobucket.com/ and then post us links to them

Now do a screen shot with the other have of msconfig. I can see that you have to much in your startup list. I'm going to have you disable about 99% of whats in there.

Disable everything except these:

urlLstCk

ccApp

Reboot

Tell me if you notice anything different.

If you need something turned back on, just go back into msconfig, click the box you need, and reboot.

Make sure Norton Internet Security is still in your taskbar, if it's not, let me know.

btw my norton is working fine now i just reinstalled it do i still need to do what you just said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom