MS Blast Trying to remove/Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but as I said, hijack this has nothing to do with virus removal, so generating a hijack this log to aid in removing the virus is redundant. Also, msblast is not simply removed by a typical virus scan, which is why I posted the link with the PROPER steps to remove it. :D

Sigh .. his third post identifies the traits of the msblaster virus, which is why I posted the link. At that point, it was obvious to me that he knew what his issue was.
End of story.

The problem now is that IÂ’ve been looking for the place I originally saw msblast and I canÂ’t find it. Might it be possible that because I didnÂ’t successfully delete msblast that maybe it hid itself or gave itself a different name?

Norton didnÂ’t find anything.

And MAYBE he has something else? Maybe Norton can't find it cause he doesn't HAVE it now. Liz

southernlady said:
And MAYBE he has something else? Maybe Norton can't find it cause he doesn't HAVE it now. Liz
agreed.

try doing a file search for MSBLAST.EXE
that should tell you if its there or not.

Btw, this is the entry in the HiJack log that will indicate the blaster virus so don't say it does do any good to run one:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [windows auto update] msblast.exe

Sorry folks and thanks for your input, but my laptop crashed this afternoon and it wouldn't boot back up. I just handed it over to a laptop tech to take all my private data off the hard drive and re-install my OS. I hate MSBLAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom